Saturday, March 14, 2015

In Honor of Pi Day 2015

We over here at the Hampton's residence LOVE some pie! I'm sure many of you do as well, after all, that is probably why you are reading this post!!!

So in honor of Pi Day 2015 we decided to list our three favorite pies and share our favorite recipes for them!



Bug's favorite is a simple chocolate creme pie (after all, she is only 4). The best recipe so far that I have successfully made is the one from HERSHEY's Kitchens, and it can be found following the link. I think that we must make a pie today, or at least grab a slice out on our busy day!

My favorite is a complete toss up! I love key lime pie, but I also LOVE a good apple pie. So I am cheating a little and sharing *two* recipes.

Key lime pie is really simple, and my wonderful hubby makes it for me pretty often. It just takes a pie crust, key lime juice, and sweetened condensed milk. For a simple recipe I like the one at The Very Best Baking, it has a bit more to it like garnishes, but its still delicious with or without that touch. Follow the link for the recipe.

Now for an apple pie, I wish I still had my grandma's recipe, because I loved it when my mom made it and I am pretty sure as a kiddo I loved my grams. But I now "settle" for a mouth watering Betty Crocker recipe! The only difference is that I usually sprinkle brown sugar on top instead of the usual.

Is your mouth watering yet! Mine is, but that is what I get when I type a blog up about food, deserts in particular, before I even have breakfast!

Tris is a bit more complicated... He loves a good chocolate silk pie with Oreo crust and Oreo crumbles on top, but he also loves dutch "bloody" apple pie. Not to be confused with a regular apple pie as the top crusts are different. If you ask him what his favorite recipe is he will say Safeway... so I have found a delicious sounding (and easy) pie to try out HERE. Let me know if you try it and like it!

Also on the topics of pie- I don't quite think that Shepard's pie and hand pie's or any of the other variations on a pie (like apple pie moonshine, egg-rolls, or tacos) count on Pi Day... But I can almost guarantee you that we will be having Shepard's pie for dinner and I will be making my own version of key lime pie tonight! I promise, I will post pictures and tell you all how I did it.

MmmmPIE! 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment